" One penny - change a life..."

This blog was created not for profit motive or personal gain but for the purpose of changing the lives of the street children in the Philippines.

This blog is made available because the blog owner observed that the number of street children in the country has been increasing and this is actually a significant problem that the people in the government has taken for granted.

With this effort as an advocacy work to help the street children, the following objectives of this are:

1) To provide a shelter for these young boys and girls.
2) To give them clean and safe food to eat and water to drink.
3) To provide them a quality education for better future.

Because of this, the blog owner is asking the help of those who are kind-hearted to donate just " a single penny" that would create a change to the lives of the street children.

Street Children in the Philippines

Street Children in the Philippines

Street Children in the Philippines is a significant problem. There are about 1.5 million street children in the country. Everyday, at least a street child is seen walking along the streets, looking for a place to stay, a food to eat.

These street children are actually those who experienced family problems, hunger, violence, escape from their homes and live on the streets.

They actually engaged in scavenging, child labor, begging, peddling, drugs and petty theft. Their rights are actually abused by others.

In terms of genders balance, it is said that there are 2/3 males and 1/3 females who are street children and they are from seven years old to 16 years old.

Because of this serious problem, the owner of this blog wants to give help for this very less fortunate individuals. These young boys and girls who might be the hope of the fatherland must be given an equal rights, a right to live in nice way, a right to education and many more...

So, the blog owner is calling those who are with good and generous hearts to share what they have for these young boys and girls, for them to be given a shelter to live in, a clean and delicious food to eat and an education for a better future.




Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Love for street Children

Greetings to everyone!

Let me start by telling you a story about my life, the hardship and difficulties I encountered in life until I became professional.

By the way, I am a graduate of Business Management in one of the well-known school here in the Philippines. Currently, I am now into sales and also doing a part-time job as a teacher in the school of Management. But before I reached this success I actually experienced a lot of difficulties in life...I experienced not to eat in one day..or sometimes you can eat but no viand at all or simply eating rice with water and salt as my viand. My life was very difficult...I was indeed a poor boy.

I am a son of unwanted pregnancy but being a son of unwanted pregnancy is actually acceptable if your mother and father love each other and they are living together as one family but in my case it was not that way, because I was a fruit of the violent behavior of my irresponsible father.He was really irresponsible and I don't know where he is because I never had a chance to meet him since birth but I don't wish to see him.

To continue my story, my mother was actually a victim of selfishness of my father and that selfishness give life to me.I don't know if I will be happy with that or not! My mother way back then was 15 years old and thank to her, she never thought of killing me.Since she was very young, she left their place and of the reason that she was so afraid to her parents, she went to her Aunt in a province and there she stayed until she gave birth to me.After giving birth, she left me there and never never think of my anymore as his son because she believed that I am not deserving of her love and she actually transferred to me the anger that she has to my father. In short, I paid the sin that my father did.

From there, my miserable life started also. I grew up in a foster family who happened to be a poor family in a province where there is no electricity, no water system, no computers, no everything or shall I say a place where modernization is very very far away.

That was the life I was facing as I am growing....At my young age I learned to work that little kids or little boys do not actually do but for me I have no choice I have to work because if I will not work I will be scolded and will receive a lot of physical assault. When I was a kid I have no time to play, instead of playing I have to work and work to earn a money for school and other needs. But even I was young I had a mindset that I have to do this because, this is for me- for my future. I did not stop schooling and the good thing is I was an honor student when I was in grade school. When I am studying I experienced to go to school with out any money at all even a single centavo..I have no rice..I have nothing...the worst is I have to walk 10-20 kilometers away back and forth just for me to study. My life was so hard then... That was at the age of 7 years old to 12 years old...

When I reach high school, my life never changed and more difficulties and hardships..In order for me to finish high school I worked as a "helper" or "slave" in one of the richest families in the said place where I am living. I worked to them, I have to sleep at around 12 midnight or sometimes 1:00AM and wake up at around 4AM and do a lot of things. Before I can go to school I am so tired and sometimes I am late but I never thought of quitting until I graduated in high school with honors.

College time... if I just have to consider my foster family it is very obvious that they can't send me to college but since I was determined I find a way and that I work during night time as a service crew of a fast food chain and at day time I have to study. Life for me was not very easy like other boys and girls out there.

But after all of these things, I able to reach my dream to become a degree holder and a successful person and that I am right now.

Why I am doing this? I only have one purpose and that is to help those street children because I know we have the same experience but the different is that they were not given a chance to have a family. Their lives became more miserable but I believe that its not too late to help these kids.

I want to gather them and give them a home to be called, a place to live in, a food to eat, a water to drink and an education for a better future. But I know i can't do this alone but I need the support of others in any way they can. I want to give hope for these young kids..I want to change their lives...I know how to difficult their lives now...

So, for those who can read these blog, please start giving your donation now...Your single penny can change lives...I want to give these kids a beautiful gift this coming Christmas and that gift will be only given to them if each one of us will help them.

If you have questions, feel free to email me and I will communciate with you.

Thank you so much!:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment